May 11, 2008

Kittens Day 16 - moving day


When I was out of town last week, Kate decided to move the kittens to a new spot. Oddly enough, she chose the cat carrier that she came home from the vet in. I would have thought this would be a scary place to her, but evidently she decided the kittens would be safe there. The kittens have their eyes open now, and are starting to learn how to use their legs, and will soon be able to crawl out of the carrier. Hopefully my garage will be safe enough for exploring kittens!
Kate still won't let me touch her, and she guards the kittens very carefully, but this weekend my youngest niece Konner came to visit and we were able to sneak a couple of quick petting sessions with the kittens when Kate was away from the carrier. The first time, she was so scared of Konner (a new person she had never met before) that she retreated to her corner hiding spot, leaving us free to visit the kittens. The second time, I gave her some extra yummy food and she let us look at the kittens while she ate.
In this picture below, you can see the cute blue eyes of the gray tabby kitten. I read somewhere that all kittens have blue eyes for the first month or two, then they will begin to get their normal color after that.



3 comments:

Karmen Lewis said...

precious!

Tracey Lawrence said...

Kelly,

I'm becoming impressed with your savvy, tricksiness in getting Kate to like you :)

I have to go grade papers and it makes me want to slit my wrists.

Melanie-Pearl said...

sweet kitty in that last one---

hope you are well. fyi no house church this week.