
Today was evidently moving day again. When I got home from Garden City I went to the garage to check on Kate and saw one of the kittens crawling out of the carrier. I went over to it slowly while Kate watched and was able to pet it. Then I picked it up to put it back in the carrier and noticed there were no other kittens in there. Kate kept an eye on me while I held the kitten, but she never hissed or growled. I looked around the garage for the other kittens and finally found them sleeping behind a bag of soil tucked away in a storage shelf thing (see photo). The other little kitten crawled out again and kept crying, trying to pull himself over to the other kittens (he can't really walk yet). Kate went and crawled in with the others, so I picked up the stray and took him over to her. I was really happy that she let me pick him up without getting too upset!


4 comments:
you show such restraint! I would be all over those kitties! kate be damned (can i say that?)
you are much more respectful....which is probably why you got this fun little job of caring for this mama cat and her babies, and not me.
Well, once you've been hissed at a few times, it makes it much easier to show restraint!
duly noted
Kelly,
I think you should have a reality show, maybe call it "Cat Lady" or "Hissed" or ..."Kate, Kelly, and Lewis."
Are you doing anything fun in Wisconsin?
Post a Comment