I would be remiss to talk about my trip to Phoenix this summer without mentioning how I got there. I didn't just use my vast traveling wisdom to choose a trip to Arizona in the middle of summ
er. Smart people don't do that. It's actually all Lesa's fault. But back to the thankful theme, I am SO thankful that God has brought Lesa to Wichita for this season of life, and I'm glad to have her for as long as the air force decides to keep Andy in Wichita. When Lesa started talking about driving to Phoenix to stay with her parents for a month over the summer, I thought it would be fun if I rode along and then flew home after a few days. I had not been there in a few years and was overdue for a trip to see my friends. So next thing I knew, I was loading up in the van with Lesa, Chance, Bella and Rachael. Here's a photo of us getting ready to leave Wichita for our two day trek.
er. Smart people don't do that. It's actually all Lesa's fault. But back to the thankful theme, I am SO thankful that God has brought Lesa to Wichita for this season of life, and I'm glad to have her for as long as the air force decides to keep Andy in Wichita. When Lesa started talking about driving to Phoenix to stay with her parents for a month over the summer, I thought it would be fun if I rode along and then flew home after a few days. I had not been there in a few years and was overdue for a trip to see my friends. So next thing I knew, I was loading up in the van with Lesa, Chance, Bella and Rachael. Here's a photo of us getting ready to leave Wichita for our two day trek.Suprisingly, the kids were really good on the 20 hour trip. I was anticipating having some great stories to tell about our travels, but they just watched DVDs and slept most of the time. I did get a little grossed out when Chance asked me to hold the water bottle he had
just filled with pee, but Lesa assured me that this is normal for long car trips with preschoolers.
just filled with pee, but Lesa assured me that this is normal for long car trips with preschoolers. It's always good to get out of Kansas, so I took some photos along the way. This drive always reminds me of college spring break trips :)
And while I'm sharing pictures of Lesa's kids, here are few more of my favorites: Bella doing dress up when I was babysitting, Chance with his best Star Wars moves at Bradley Fair, and Rachael at the Hutchinson Zoo, on our recent "Super Fun Day" to Hutch. I've already lined up two babysitting nights in December with these kids, in hopes of some good stories for my blog, so here's hoping they deliver on the craziness. They've never let me down before!




No comments:
Post a Comment