November 20, 2006

Things I Am Thankful For: Part 1

It seems appropriate on the week of Thanksgiving, to post about the things I am thankful for. I'm trying to collect pictures to represent the things I am thankful for, but apparently my picture organization system over the years has been lacking because I'm having an awful time locating the ones I want. But I will start these two for today.


First, I am thankful for all my friends, and I am thankful that they are numerous enough that I can't list them all. I've always thought that if we could be judged by our friends, I would be a pretty cool person, because I have such an incredibly wonderful group of friends. To represent my friends (though I'm sure many would argue with my choice of a representative), I'm adding this picture of me and Kelly and her daughter Kyra from my trip to Phoenix this summer. I was completely miserable in the 118 degree heat, but it was nice to see Kelly and her family, as well as Paula and hers. I won't be visiting Phoenix in July EVER again, but if I had to be there, it was nice that I timed it to hear Paul preach at CCV, see Paula's new home, see the makings of Kelly's new home, and meet Jake's new dog Mallatabuck (named after Chewbacca's wife - in true Wishart form).






















The second thing I am thankful for today is that I never have to wear this dress again. Though if I had to wear once (or the 50 million times we had to wear it that year), I'm glad I'm doing it standing next to Tracey and Jeanette. Here we are standing on the steps of the United States Capitol in 1988. I know, you'd think by the dress that it was 1971, but the hair and glasses quickly identify the 80s.
























Look for more things I'm thankful for tomorrow.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Are you barefoot? What happened to your shoes?

Kelly said...

Interesting question Becky. My guess is that my feet hurt from wearing dress shoes and I had taken them off while we were setting up. Behind us is the handbell table, so we were either getting ready to perform, or tearing down after a performance.