November 23, 2006

Things I Am Thankful For: Part 4

It certainly seems appropriate on Thanksgiving Day that I would give thanks for my family. Here’s a photo of my Aunt Kathy and Uncle Eddie with my mom and dad after lunch today.

My brother Kevin and his family did not get to join us for a meal today, but I did go meet up with them later this afternoon so we could do a trade off. Kevin and I traded – I got his youngest daughter for the night and he got a child free home for the night so he could watch some stupid football game. We’re trading back tomorrow. Here’s a photo of Chari, Konner, and Kevin

I am very thankful for my two nieces, Kara and Konner. Kara is a senior in high school this year and she and I recently did a campus visit to Wichita State University. She is wanting to attend there next year and live with me, her favorite aunt Kelly (I have to remind her that I am her favorite aunt because sometimes she forgets).

Konner is in 6th grade and forgets nothing. The last time she stayed the weekend with me was in September, Labor Day I think, and we happened to stop at Quick Trip for a drink on the way home and she picked up some little pamphlet that gives recipes for mixing drinks. When I talked to Kevin yesterday to set up this weeks visit, he said Konner wants to make sure I take her to Quick Trip and he wanted to know why. I laughed when I realized she had been keeping the pamphlet for three months waiting for her next opportunity to mix drinks at Quick Trip. It’s the first thing on the agenda for tomorrow!

And last, but not least, when I give thanks for family, I must include my best friend Julie, who is like family to me. We’ve been friends since 1978 when I moved in across the street from her. Julie and I have a lot of shared memories from late night monopoly games to torture her brother, high school marching band, college, and so much more! Here’s a photo of us after a recent walk.

2 comments:

Mr. Moulden said...

Do you know what else happened in 1978....

Kelly said...

The movie Grease was released?