April 25, 2008
They're a comin....
Kittens are being born as I write! Kara said Kate had spent all day in this cardboard box I put under a chair and covered with a blanket. When I got home from work a little bit ago I went to check on her. I noticed she was still in the box and when I shined my flashlight from a distance, I could see a little bit a blood (the box is lined with paper towels). I went closer and thought I saw a kitten. When I moved the blanket to get a closer look, Kate got angry and hissed at me, so I backed off and watched from a distance again. I saw her nursing one kitten and I'm guessing she is still in delivery with the rest, if there is more than one. I think I'm going to leave her alone for the evening, though I'm sure Kara will want to check on her when she gets home from work at ten. Pictures tomorrow, if I can that close without upsetting her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
congratulations!! your a new momma.
Post a Comment