April 18, 2008

Cat Names

After much debate, Kara and I decided to name our stray pregnant cat Kate. We wanted to name her after someone who is a good mom, in hopes that she will be a good mom to her kittens. So we named her after Kate Gosselin, the mom on Jon and Kate Plus 8, a show on TLC that we sometimes watch. In case you haven't seen this show, it's about a family that had twins, then a few years later they had sextuplets. And I know alot of people criticize the tv mom for being too anal and controlling, but I think she's a great mom.


Still no kittens as of this evening. The garage is getting that nice distinct smell of cat urine though. She doesn't know how to use a litter box yet (she's always been a stray and lived outside), so I think she's been peeing on a blanket. I put the litter box on the blanket so tomorrow I'll check too see if she started using it yet. The blanket will be making it's way to the dumpster soon. She's still spending most of the day in the corner, but I think she's getting a little less nervous. I moved one of the beds closer to the corner and made it more secluded, so I'm hoping she will start to use it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this show! it was a riot when they went to Disney World. Can you imagine? Can't help being too anal she is a nurse after all and for the most part she handled her house and kids herself with little outside help.
Oh but I have seen her husband address or ignore her anal attitude. that cracks me up. Qp

Anonymous said...

please update when the kitties are born!

Melanie-Pearl said...

just looking for a cat update

Anonymous said...

You should have named it Mark.
ih8chu.
GARSH.
-Me