April 28, 2008

Kittens Day Three


The kittens spend all of their time smashing against each other, which makes it somewhat difficult to get a good photo of them. Either they lay all over each other, or they smash up against their momma when she is around. Maybe they miss being in the womb?

New drama is developing with Daddy cat......I was sure he belonged to a neighbor because whenever he showed up at my doorstep (with momma Kate), he was very friendly. He would try to come in my house when I opened the door (Kate would run), and he let me pick him up and never tried to run from me. I assumed me belonged to a neighbor that just let him out. He started hanging out at my house a lot in the last few days Kate was outside and I figured he knew kittens were coming and wanted to be around for the big event. Once I took Kate inside and quit putting food out on the deck, he disappeared.

After the kittens were born and I saw that several of them were black, I was pretty sure that this must have been the daddy cat. I was thinking that I should find out who owns him so they would know that he fathered some kittens, in case they might want one. So tonight I saw one of my neighbors out and asked him if knew who the owner was. He said some guys a few houses down from him asked him the same thing because this cat was hanging around their house too. So now I'm concerned that daddy cat is a stray too! Or maybe he has a house and he got lost and doesn't know how to get home. I don't know what do. I cannot care for all the stray cats in the neighborhood, but I can't bear to know a cat is roaming around homeless and hungry!


Here's a photo of daddy cat from a week or so ago when he was napping in my backyard, waiting on his girlfriend cat to come back.

No comments: