April 20, 2008

still no kittens...



Little Kate is apparently not ready to have her kittens yet, even though when I took her to the vet 5 days ago he said it would be any day. The good news she has been eating, using the liter box, and just today has started to come out of her hiding place in the corner. This afternoon she came to eat while I was sitting several feet away from her, then crawled into one of the many beds I have made for her in the garage. I think she picked this particular bed (see photo above) because she can see out of it. The others are a little more enclosed and she likes to keep her eye on me when I am around. Everytime I go out into the garage, she runs out of it back to the corner, but then if I stay still long enough, she will eventually make her way back in it. I quit checking on her because I want her to relax and have the kittens instead of running to hide all the time. I thought for sure she was in labor this afternoon since she climbed in the bed and kept fidgeting about, so maybe later tonight. I read somewhere that kittens are usually born at night or early in the morning.




Meanwhile, the neighbor cat (I call him Daddy cat, but I'm not sure if he is the daddy or not) is still hanging out on the porch waiting for Kate to come back. Makes me kind of sad....

1 comment:

Melanie-Pearl said...

awww! almost makes me like kitties. seriously, they make me itch something fierce!