January 14, 2007

watching the lake freeze and gas prices fall

This morning I watched the lake freeze in my backyard. It’s been an exciting morning. I also ventured out to buy a paper and test out the roads, since it’s been sleeting on and off the last two days. I always think it’s kind of fun to drive in bad weather, if I don’t have to go out of town or any long distance. It’s sort of a challenge I guess, to prove to myself that I’m not some wimp who is afraid to drive in the snow and ice (no offense to those of you who are wimps and are afraid to drive in the snow and ice). The roads were only a little bad this morning, mostly just because they had not be cleared yet. But the big news while I was out and about was the cost of gas. I posted it below to make those of you who live in the more expensive parts of the country jealous. And also, here’s a picture of my frozen lake. It’s not really my personal lake, but it is in my backyard, so I think it’s safe to call it my lake.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly! I am also enjoying the falling gas prices......even though I am not filling up "the hog" anymore! Be careful on the roads as they were still pretty slick this afternoon!
~Sherry

Becky said...

Ok, you made me jealous with the gas prices. It is pretty cold here (for California)--the last 3 nights it has gotten down to 25 degrees. The boys have been excited because when the sprinklers go off at night, the water freezes over in the gutters and they play with the ice in the morning. That is the first time they have ever seen ice form outside!

daniel10x said...

hey cuz -

thought i'd say hi and share that gas is still somewhere between 3 & 4 bucks a gallon in the state of Aloha. i no longer look when i pull in. i'll be moving back to america this summer (s. ca). it will seem closer. I pray that you are well! much love, Dan.