On of my 2007 goals is to read the Bible through in a year. I did it in 2005 and it was a great experience. In 2006 I made it through until April, but then life got me all stressed out and I got so far behind I just eventually gave up. But this year I'm trying it again and I've decided to read it in The Message version, to do it a little differently. I'm a little not happy with the Message version though because in Psalm 1 verse 1 it talks about how God is pleased with people who don't go to "smart mouth college". Being a bit of smart mouth myself, I'm not liking this choice of words to describe God's pleasure. But I'm trying to get over it, or at least make sure I drop out of smart mouth college, whatever that is!
But back to my main point....I was searching the internet to find a good one year reading plan I could print off because the only way I can do this is if I have a written plan where I can check off each day that I read. That's what keeps me motivated....those little check marks proving I have accomplished something. I know it should be the joy of reading scripture, but honestly, it's the check marks. So in my search for a printable plan, I found this great blog that I'm very excited about and I wanted to share it in case anyone else is trying to read the Bible through this year. It's called the One Year Bible Blog and if I was smart enough to make that a link I would, but I'm gonna have to have someone show me how to do that first. You can find it at www.oneyearbibleblog.com. Each day there is a new post with commentary on the readings, and at the top there is a link you can go to for the readings and you can chose whatever version you want. I typically prefer reading scripture from an actual Bible instead of on the computer, but I'm kinda liking this set up. It's full of links for more information and lots of pictures for those who like visual representations of the scripture.

And speaking of Bibles, here's a photo of Bible Man and Bible Girl and their baby sister Rachael. I got Lesa's kids a Bibleman video and dress up stuff for Christmas so they graciously modeled it for me within 30 seconds of opening the presents. I think Chance makes a much better Bible Man than Willie Aames.

No comments:
Post a Comment