January 18, 2007

Check out the Prayer Gallery

As I mentioned yesterday, I've been talking to several of my friends who work in children's ministry to try to get ideas and see what other churches are doing. My friend Sue is the director of children's ministries at a new church in North Carolina. She does a ton of cool things with the kids, but what I'm really excited about today is a project her church is doing called the Prayer Gallery. They have rented a storefront in downtown Ashevile for a month and turned it into a place where people can walk in off the streets to pray, worship God, or just be. They describe it as a studio for expressions of prayer. I can't really explain it since I haven't actually seen it, but the local television station did a piece on it that you have to check out. You can view it at this link: http://www.highlandchristian.com/prayergallery.html If you scroll to the bottom of the page you view watch the video clip.

1 comment:

The Wheatland Mission said...

Really cool.

Hey, let's get you on the blogroll at wheatland and tangence so people can keep up. Is that OK with you?