This morning I was feeling pretty good, but running late (not unusual). I ran out of the house forgetting to take any of my allergy meds this morning, but I thought I would be fine because i felt better yesterday, and I knew I had a bottle of Robitusson at work. I also remembered that I kept a bottle of vitamin C in my desk, so I popped a couple of those when I got to work. The morning went pretty well, but by lunchtime I was coughing and the cough suppresent wasn't working. I spent the afternoon answering with a very grizzly sounding "I'm fine" to all the well meaning co-workers who stopped by my office door to make sure I wasn't dying. I had intended to work late tonight to get caught up on some work since I spent most of September sick and not accomplishing much. But at 6:00 pm, when I was sitting at my desk holding the trash can on my lap waiting to stop throwing up, I decided it was time to call it day. I went home and drank some nyquil, used the steriod nasal spray, and took some mucinex. It helped.
I've got the vomiting down to an art now and it doesn't even really phase me anymore. I can even hold a little bit in my mouth until I have time to pull the car over and spit it out (I've never had to do that until today and it happened twice on the way home. it really wasn't as bad it sounds). I don't think that's a good sign that I'm getting so good at vomiting. I remember reading once that bulimics have bad teeth because vomiting up all that acid from their stomach wrecks havoc on their teeth. So now I'm starting to worry about my teeth. Fortunately I have a dentist appt next week, so I'm sure she'll say everything is fine. And I'm really feeling better overall, just I can't make this cough go away today.
So I think I'll take all of my allergy medications tomorrow and hopefully it will be a better day. Who knew allergies could cause this much grief?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I enjoyed our vomit talk at church tonight. :)
we'll have to finish our conversation later!
Post a Comment