October 11, 2008

Update on Kate (momma cat)

My parents have been out of town all week so I have been spending some time each evening hanging out with their cat, Katie. Kate is the stray momma cat that I trapped back in April, housed in my garage for three months while she gave birth and raised four kittens, and then found a new home for her with my parents. She has always been an extremely fearful, skittish cat but my mom has been working with her a lot so she is slowly starting to warm up to people. Well, female people. She still doesn't like men for some reason. She came out to see me every night and let me pet her on her head (I was paw slapped if I tried to pet her back or tail), and even let me pick her up and put her on the couch next to me for a few minutes. And she has started to gain some weight and her fur is much softer than it used to be. She's a healthy, happy cat! Here are some photos from this week and a short video clip. She really likes laying on her back :)

No comments: