August 9, 2008

Some new, non cat, videos!

I'm so sorry for all of you loyal readers (all three of you) who look forward to my cat updates. I have to venture off course here so I can get some videos up. Tonight I taught the elementary kids at church and we talked about generosity. For part of the lesson, we split into two groups and each group was assigned a bible story to read and create a simple skit to. Some of the kids (okay, only one, and you know who you are!) are VERY anxious to see their videos, so I'm posting them here on my blog. I was going to put them on the church facebook page, but I wasn't sure all the parents would be comfortable with having their kids videos posted there. I figured my blog was much safer since I have run most of my readers off with my unwavering devotion to cat updates. Apparently not everyone thinks my kittens are as cute as I do!

So here are the videos the two groups came up with. The ironic thing in all of this is that I had one supposedly shy child who really did not want to participate in the skits, so he was given a free pass. But it turns out he made it in there anyway, with the funniest comment of all! Sorry M!


12 comments:

Tracey Lawrence said...

Kelly,

You have quite an excellent narrator's voice. Might be a good career to check out...okay who is wearing the superhero outfit. Very hilarious! Bravo,Hill children, Bravo Matt and Sarah's children, Bravo Melanie's daughter..:) I'm SO glad you broke the cylce of cats. now I can start reading it again.

Anonymous said...

I haven't laughed so hard in a very long time! What was Jesus wearing??

Anonymous said...

Tracey - it's a Hill child in the Power Ranger suit. No surprise there.

Kelly said...

Jesus was wearing a much too small power ranger suit. much too small!

Melanie-Pearl said...

yes kelly, you're right, but i think the xs power ranger suit added to the gusto with which H played his part. it might be why he moved so dramatically. hee, hee.

how long will my boy liken everything to Star Wars?

great job with the kiddos! looks like it was a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

I would highly recommend our video on facebook ............... if you thought that was funny;).

(harison picked his own costume....thankfuly)


H marched like a notzie in the last part.- cloud100/chloe


at som point I am going to have a new post :).

Kelly said...

Here's what I don't get: how was the story of Abram and Lot anything like Star Wars?

Melanie-Pearl said...

Had to come back to show Cody the skits.

K- I'll ask M for the answer to your question.

ps)Matt and Sarah's kid threw a pretty good fit. Little K has me cracking up.

Melanie-Pearl said...

okay. M swears he didn't say that. we even showed him the video 3 times and he still says he didn't say that.

we may never know why he said it. he doesn't even know.

Kelly said...

IT'S ON VIDEO! What does he think, that I am so brilliant I can add things to the video that didn't really happen? I can barely figure out how to upload video to the blog, much less edit it! Sigh....one thing I have learned is that it does me no good to argue with young boys (or old boys), so let's just say he is right and it never happened. Even though we will continue to watch it on video.

Kim from Kansas said...

I think J.R. sounded a little like Yoda---just like in Star Wars!!!

Anonymous said...

Those videos are hilarious! I love the extra small power ranger Jesus! hahahahaha