August 20, 2008

Life is too hard...

I have not written a serious blog post in a long time, because it's much more fun to write about silliness, but my heart is heavy this week, so I have no silliness left.

Work is hard right now. I would explain it, but I don't think it's a good thing for me to talk about on a blog.

I'm feeling some friends around me with heavy hearts also, but I don't know how to help them. One of my friends emailed me yesterday with news that a close friend of hers, a former acquaintance of mine from Illinois, died fairly suddenly and unexpectedly. I know the news is especially hard for my friend, and I feel for her.

I also feel very convicted of my lack of prayer, especially for my friends in need. I wish i could go back to my twenties when I lived in Indiana at this camp where every morning it was automatic that we all spent 30 to 60 minutes in prayer and bible study. We didn't have tv's or computers in our living quarters and were not distracted by useless stuff like I am now. I think I need forced structure, because i don't seem to be discplined enough to create it on my own.

I feel sad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all go through seasons that are tough. I'm like you in that I get more accomplished when I'm in forced structure, though I find it confining at times. You know this already, but God's not open at only certain times of the day. He's always available (when you're on the computer, when you do the dishes or laundry, when you feed the cats, etc.)

Kelly, you're in my prayers.

Kim from Kansas said...

Hope Xanadu cheers you up. Was thinking of going, but midnight is too late for this "old lady". I saw it in the theater the first time it was around.

Melanie-Pearl said...

Yeah, sometimes it seems like there's so much junk that affects us whether it's our own doing or the doings of someone close to us that truly are out of our control.