June 10, 2008

Wrestle Mania and Nap Time


Today when I came home from work, Number 2 and Number 4 were sleeping in a basket (they were sleeping together in the top photo, then they split up as you see in the video below). Number 1 and Number 3 were having a serious wrestling match, which I caught a little bit of on video. It went on for a long time, so I didn't get the whole thing. Momma Kate just ignored them all, as any good mother would do.

I wanted to post this picture below, of Number 4 nursing, to show how big the kittens are getting! This photo made me think about this episode of Oprah that I saw about ten years ago. Oprah was doing a special on breastfeeding and she was interviewing these moms who were still breastfeeding their three and even four year olds! I remember one mom complaining that she couldn't get her kid to stop nursing and that he would just come up to her and lift her shirt and ask for a drink. Oprah pretty much told her to take charge of the situation and not let the kid be pushing her around! So I was thinking about poor Kate, who is having to nurse kittens who are going to be as big as she is soon! She's pretty small though, so that's not saying much. But I think she's in control of the situation, as she cuts off the nursing often, even if it means the babies start crying and following her around wanting more. She's a good momma, so she won't have to go on Oprah to learn how to take charge of her babies.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh how you make me laugh! i could send an email or give you a call but then i'd have to push buttons that are farther away than the ones i'm already operating!
miss having you around. i'm suffering from sarcastic withdrawal. krj is good but there's no one quite like you. :) i'm going to hunt you down if i don't see you this saturday. me and my posse.