June 6, 2008

Kitten Profiles

When I got back into town tonight I spent some extra time with the kittens since I had not seen them in two days. I have finally figured out how to tell them all apart, so I worked on getting some individual pictures so i could post my first "kitty profiles". I'm too tired to give them names tonight, so I gave them numbers instead. I'll let their future owners pick names for them. By the way, they are six weeks old today! Here they are:


This is Number 1. I like to call this kitten Number 1 because it has been the first to do everything. This was the first kitten to try the liter box, the first one to venture outside the walls my mother put up, the first one to start using momma's liter box, and now it's the one who is ahead on the weaning process. In fact, in this picture above, the other three kittens were nursing, but this one was just hanging alone. It is showing less interest in nursing than any of the others are, and can be found eating the kitten food fairly often. I think this one is a boy, but they really look all alike to me, so I'm not sure about that. That will have to be my next task. But this kitty is definitely the risk taker and most independent one of the bunch.


This is Number 2. This one (I also think it is a boy, but again, I'm not sure) is almost as adventureous as Number 1, but just not as quick to be the first one to do all the new things. This one is really ornery and is often found wrestling and biting the other kittens. It loves to play and I rarely see it alone. It is frequently found sleeping on or under another kitty and seems to be very social. And very busy. It also seems to initiate human contact more than any of the other kittens. It comes up to me often, has tried climbing up my pants, and likes to lick my fingers.


This is Number 3. Number 3 and Number 1 look an awful lot alike, but Number 3 has more gray hair on it's belly, while Number 1 is more of an all black cat, with a very shiny coat. Number 3 is very timid and seems to be the most afraid of human contact. It likes to sleep and play with the other kittens though, and will let me pet it as long as I don't sneak up on it. It's very jumpy if I pet it from behind, but warms up pretty quickly. For those of you who remember some of my earlier pictures, I'm pretty sure this was the kitten yawning in the photo I took during the first week, with it's legs propped up on it's sibling.


And finally, Number 4. This one has a much thicker coat than the other three as you can see from this photo. I think this one is a girl, but i'm not sure. It also is somewhat timid, but not quite as much as Number 3. I often find this one sleeping alone somewhere, while the other three are piled on top of one another for a nap. It still likes to play as much as the others though, but I was thinking if there was any cat that would want to go to a single cat home, it would probably be this one. It also is a little weary of human contact if I try to pet it from behind, but it warms up to me quickly.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

they are looking bigger. they are so fun.