June 1, 2008

Busy, busy, kittens!

Whew! The kittens are so busy, all of the time now. The spend all of their time running all over the garage, chasing each other, getting into boxes, tackling each other, tackling their mother, jumping on boxes, running some more... They seem to sleep in short segments, then as soon as there is any noise, they are up and running again. I'm assuming they sleep pretty good during the night. They still nurse from their momma occasionally, but it is obvious she is trying wean them. In the photo above, Kate was resting on top of a box when three of the four kittens found her and decided they were hungry. She let them eat for about 30 seconds, then she just got up and walked away, as you can see in the photo. The kittens just resumed running and playing! But fortunately, as you can see in the photo below, they are starting to show an interest in the canned and dry food, so I'm sure they will be weaned before too long. I went shopping this weekend and stocked up on lots of kitten food and kitty litter, so I'm ready for all their eating and pooping :)




No comments: