October 1, 2007
My current crisis.....
Well, I know some of you will find this more amusing than concerning, but I am having a personal crisis this week. I am in Dallas at a conference (which isn't even that good) and I brought my laptop so I could do some work, check email, etc. The first thing I did when I checked in to my hotel Sunday evening was to boot up my computer, or at least try to boot up my computer. It would never load windows and kept taking me back to some stupid error screen. I tried everything I could think of, but nothing worked! So last night I couldn't sleep, I kept waking up, rushing to my computer trying to restart it to see if maybe it would work this time. But no luck. I called my IT friend at work today and explained the problem to him and he said I'm out of luck. I have to reload Windows when I get home and either lose all my stuff on the hard drive, or take it into a shop and see if someone can retreive it before I reload Windows. I almost starting crying, but being the big girl that I am, I held back the tears. Luckily the hotel has a computer in the lobby I am on, but my mind keeps rushing through all the things I will lose if I can't get someone to get them off my hard drive. Pictures, email addresses, old emails, all my downloaded itunes, etc. I knew before that I was attached to my computer, but now that I'm almost having a panic attack without it, I realize it even more. Not that I feel bad about that. The only thing I'm going to change is that I will do a better job of backing up my info and I will NEVER buy a PC again. I need to go mope and let someone else use the computer now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Kelly,
I rushed to your blog, as it often settles me into my writing mode. I'm not sure exactly why but my perfect formula for a good writing day: a coffee shop with wireless, a strong latte, and corner with a couch, and to settle my thoughts, a broswe on your blog.
Well anyway, I would have cried with you had I known. Computers are evil, demonic, and cruel. They really try to ruin your life in any way possible, and they like to get viruses so you'll have a nervous breakdown. They really are plotting to rule the world.
Once I almost lost an entire book I wrote because of a virus. Do I back up my stuff now, NO! Mainly because I don't want my computer to try and tell me what I should or shouldn't do. I'm the boss.
Well, actually you and Kevin are, but...
You are funny Tracey. I think you must be really hard up for inspiration.
My computer will go to the shop tomorrow now that I'm home from Dallas. The good news is that Kara has a laptop and is never home, so I'm just helping myself to her stuff. It was hard to find in all the mess, but I finally found it under her desk.
I'm still planning a trip to Denver on the 31st....just haven't decided on my mode of transportation yet.
Okay, well just remember Kelly that you laptop really needs deliverance, to be saved. I'm pretty sure it doesn't know the Lord. It might be terribly evil and rebellious. The shop will help for a time, but you might need to call on an exorcist.
Kara's might be less evil...give it a shot.
Trace
Post a Comment