I have my computer back and it is fixed. Sort of. The only thing that couldn't be backed up was my email. Which is sort of a problem. I'm not sure how many hundreds of emails I had filed in my outlook folders, but I do remember that in my inbox alone I had over 2000 with about 400 unread. Now they will be permanently unread. I'm not too concerned about those emails though because they are mostly listservs I signed up for that I keep in my inbox thinking I will have time to read them eventually, or emails I read at work online, then when I download them at home they stay unread if I don't look at them again. About twice a year I clean out my inbox and file or delete them all. My bigger concern is all the email addresses that I have lost. Oh well. I guess worse things have happened.
I feel completely overwhelmed with life right now. I was telling my friend last night that I have this wonderful ability to take even the smallest task and obsess about it until I have myself so overwhelmed and stressed out that I can't function. This is before I even start the task! Fortunately I have friends who are not this way and can just look at the situation and say "no problem! I'll help you". Then I can relax and quit stressing so much. I'm so glad God gave me such good friends!
So here's a short list of the things that I'm stressed about right this minute, if anyone wants to help:
1. I need to give my niece a good lecture on why it's important to study when you are in college and not to skip class.
2. Somebody needs to clean my house (I'm hoping this will be my niece, but chances are slim)
3. I can't decide if I should drive or fly to Denver later this month and I need to decide soon if I am going to buy a plane ticket.
4. All my children's ministry stuff for church feels really unorganized and I'm not sure how our new schedule is going to work out, and how the new preschool room will work. Kris has promised to help me, so I think this one will be fine because everything she does works out good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
mini-me and i can come over to clean next sunday if you can wait that long? maybe you can take a couple hours to go shopping or a long lunch w/ kris while we take over your abode!
we'll talk saturday!
oh, oh - we'll be careful in the fancy bathroom. :)
you're so kind Calana...my house really isn't that messy and if I would just get to it, it would only take me an hour or so to clean. The "fancy" bathroom is another story. The "fancy" needs to be ripped off the walls so I can paint. But i've been meaning to do that for four years now, so what's the hurry? Besides, it's just so fun to tell people I just redecorated and see their reaction. I wouldn't want to miss out on more opportunities to do that!
Calana,
Something you might not know yet about Kelly is she usually doesn't take to anyone's solutions. Most of the fun for Kel is in the rant. Ranting is what it is all about.
But never take it personally. She does appreciate offers for help, and likes to hear solutions...but, well, it's just hard to explain.
Anyway, you can come clean my house. It would take longer than hour, however.
Hey, Kel, maybe you should bring Kara if you decide to drive. Although, she probably couldn't skip that much school...
hey have i told you lately that i appreciate what you, Kris and everyone else do for the Wheatie kids @ WM? muchas thank U's!
also it was really nice seeing friday! qp
thanks tracey! i'm learning about kelly. next time we're in your part of the country we'll have to stop and see you all. can't promise we'll clean anything but i'll keep an open schedule. :)
kelly - i'm serious. i can redo the walls in your bathroom. the floor though is another story. i'd be worried about damaging the "vintage" linoleum.
btw - great job with the preschool room! you and kris have great ideas and are so good at executing them. thanks for all you do!!
Post a Comment