May 10, 2007

I don't want the rain to end!

I know everyone is sick of the rain, but I really love it and I don't want it to end! I love spring storms and one of my favorite things is to stay at home on a rainy day and read a good book. But I've been so busy the last few weeks that I haven't had time to really enjoy the rainy days. I don't think I'm ready for summer yet. I'm hoping there's still a few good spring thunderstorms coming my way (but not during the River Festival).

Today I had lunch with one of my best friends from high school, Becky. She and her family are moving back to Wichita after several years in California and I'm so happy to have her nearby again! We went years without seeing each other, but with old friends it's always easy to pick up where you left off. This year should be our 20th high school reunion, but I don't know that the Goddard High School class of 1987 is planning a reunion. That's okay by me! It seems like a joke to me that I am that old...like it can't possibly be true. So if we don't have a reunion, I can keep up my state of denial, which I fully intend to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree about the rain. a good book is second to sitting and playing the piano on a rainy day.
eventually, I love to see the sun.
c.hill