May 18, 2007

Happy Birthday Tracey!

To conclude my week of birthday honors, today is my friend Tracey's birthday. Tracey and I met in college and have remained close friends ever since. She is one of my funniest and smartest friends. She is my go to person for all theogical questions (she is getting her doctorate in theology or something closely related, I can't remember the exact title) and when I need a good laugh. Though she lives in Colorado, she can entertain me for hours on IM....earlier this year she kept me amused through the entire state of the union addresss.


Tracey and I celebrated our birthays together on choir tour when we were in college. Our college choir (the Celebration Singers) always went on a two week tour at the end of May when school was out. I wanted to go on tour, but I don't sing well enough to be any choir, so I joined the hand bell choir (the Inspiration Ringers - go ahead, it's okay to laugh!) so I could go on tour too. Tracey, being the multi-talented person she is, was in both.


Here's a photo from our first year of choir tour, when we headed east to Washington DC. Our fellow tour friends decorated a special "birthday" seat for us to share.
And another photo of one of the many, many games of cards we played as we traveled the country on the tour bus!
And one of my favorite choir tour photos....drinking coke with our friends Sheri, Laurin, and Kevin (I have no idea whatever happened to him!)
Happy Birthday Tracey!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, Calana and I were transported back in time. Happy B-Day Tracey!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Tracey! Happy Birthday Kelly! You also share your birthdays with the eruption of Mt. St. Helens on May 18, 1980! Thanks for the photo of tour drinking the cokes. It's one of our favorite tour photos as well!

Laurin

Kelly said...

Laurin! How could i post about tour without including a photo of you! Thanks for the birthday wishes. Oddly enough, you weren't the first person to remind me that I share a special day with Mt. St. Helens Day. How's California??