April 4, 2009

Day 2 Flea Market and Heidelburg

Busy, fun day! Saturday morning we went to Homburg to go to a flea market. It was a huge flea market and lots of fun! I scored some Micheal Jackson albums for Julie, which I know she will treasure, and a necklace. Rachael scored a nice big bratwurst (see photo)
After the flea market, the kids played at a playground near downtown Homburg where we parked, while Lesa and I rested on the bench. Then we drove about twenty minutes to some town in France which I don't know the name of. It was very anti-climatic crossing the border from Germany into France because no one even stopped us, much less stamped my passport :( We went into France to go to a large grocery store called Cora to pick up a few things. The store had a very large liquor department (mostly wine and beer), including this wine in a juice box Lesa is holding. Nice!After pizza for lunch, we headed back to Germany and drove an hour or so to Heidelburg. This was a great city to visit, although it was packed with visitors out enjoying the beautiful day. We walked through the shopping district, stopping for ice cream of course.

My favorite part was walking across the bridge and seeing the gorgeous views of the city. Here's a photo of Lesa and the kids near the entrance to the bridge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HeidelbErg ;)