September 10, 2007

Confession time...

I have to confess that I've been ignoring my blog because I've been playing with my Facebook page. I was sick several days this last week and someone sent me a facebook note. I created my facebook page several months ago so I could monitor my niece's page (she loves it when I do that!), but I never looked at it much before this week. The way facebook works (for those of you who don't use it), you can't view anyone's pages until you create your own, which only takes a minute. It's been kind of a fun way to connect with some people I haven't talked to in awhile.

On another note...I made chicken enchilada soup tonight and fed some to Kara (my niece). She took one bite and said "is this the first time you've ever made this?" I panicked and prepared myself for the smart aleck comment that I knew was coming. I figured I must have left out some key ingredient or done some other obvious failure that she would find amusing. She is used to her dad (my brother) who is a much better cook than I am. So after I answered her that no, this wasn't the first time I had ever made it, she suprised me by saying it was good. I still didn't believe her and waited for the next smart remark, but then I realized she was being serious. Sometimes it's hard to communicate normally in a family that uses sarcasm as the main form of communication. When something serious is said, it sort of freaks me out and I don't know what to do with it.

One more confession. I was just reviewing my to do list (which I do multiple times daily) and realized I had not crossed off very many things on it today. So I added "update blog" and immediately crossed it off. It made me feel more productive.

side note: Tracey you owe me a dollar. Calana said so.

5 comments:

Tracey Lawrence said...

woah, woah, Okay, how do I owe you a dollar? I'm pretty sure you owe me one...In fact I'm almost certain. You might even be up to owing me $5. I think I want some enchilada soup. If you make me some, then I would owe you a $1.

Kelly said...

You owe me a dollar because Calana said in one of her comments on another post that if I updated my blog, Tracey would give me a dollar.

I should make you some soup. I think I still owe you from the time you made me soup in college when I was sick, then spilled it while you were carrying it over to the dorm. It was the thought that counts though. I always appreciated the thought!

Tracey Lawrence said...

I remember that. Noodles were everywhere...so sad, sad, sad.

Anonymous said...

somewhere in all this i should get a $1.
OR you could both just give me your soup recipes (unless the noodle soup comes from a can - i have that one).

speaking of college - did you both get the mcc news letter/brochure/whatever it is? lots of faces from back in our day are on it! blake l. gave the graduation speech (forgot what that's called). tracey - you should do that some year unless it's like electing a woman president - never been done and not quite ready for it.

Tracey Lawrence said...

Calana,

I MIGHT give speech if $1 were involved...But I bet they only give women 50 cents, and I won't do it for that, only $1.

Actually, I think I made Kelly Top Ramen...have never been able to eat another serving of that since college...