I've been getting a lot of harrassment lately about not updating my blog, so here's my latest news:
My niece Kara moved me in with me about two weeks ago. She is a freshman at WSU and and is very excited about her new job at Red Lobster, which she hasn't even started yet. It's fun to have her here, but I'm kind of upset because she won't let me check her homework. I even offered her a dollar and she still won't do it. I thought about going through her bags and finding her homework and doing it anyway, but then I decided I need to be a nice aunt and respect her privacy.
Tommorrow I'm headed to Chicago for a quick trip. I was dreading my early morning flight at 7:30 am and just found out that they canceled my flight and now I'm rebooked on a 6:00 am flight. Yuck! That puts me into Chicago before 8:00 am and my meeting doesn't start until noon. At least the meeting is downtown on Michigan Avenue where all the shopping is, so I guess I can window shop for a few hours. I'm meeting with a few other trainers from other states to work on revising the training manual we all use for our new employees in the child abuse prevention programs we work with. The other trainers are the experts in the training topics like brain development and parent child interaction. My job is to make sure the manual is well organized. I hate our old manual because I don't think it's laid out very well. There is not a good index and it's hard to find what you are looking for and the worst part is that the facilitators manual and the participants manual don't match up. So they are going to let me work on that part. We're working Tuesday and Wednesday, then I fly home Wednesday night. Short trip.
I tried to post a video of my friends Bella and Racheal dancing while we watched High School Musical 2, but the internet is not cooperating with me so I'll have to add it another time. Too bad, because it's really cute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Kel, I knew I could count on you to watch HS Musical 2. I also watched it and asked Noel to watch it with me for $1. He declined, is he crazy? Did you have popcorn?
Of course the reason I watched it was so I could relate to my middle school kids.
That comment is so funny Tracey....I've been using the dollar trick to try to get my way lately too. I offered Kara $1 if she would let me edit her homework and she declined. But I did get one of the therapists at work to do two tasks for me for a dollar each. I had to pay up and now she has the dollar bills posted on her wall and is ready to earn more.
My daughter Amanda would pay YOU the dollar if you would just DO her homework!
Have you decided about the reunion yet? I am considering going to the game and the Oasis but skipping the Hyatt. Nothing in concrete yet though!
~Sherry
Welcome back. I am glad your back in the blogosphere.
my kids went to a special high school musical 2 party. thankfully "h" thought it was for girls. of course he loves the first one. the baseball players breaking out into song may have been a little too unrealistic for him. his team didn't do that - i would have stormed the field had they.
ooh - tracey will pay you a $1 for giving us a new post!! :)
Post a Comment