The church bloggers are playing this game and even though I didn't get officially tagged, I'm going to play anyway. Here's my seven facts...
1. when I was kid I used to love to organize my books and my baseball cards. I would take all my books off the bookshelf and then put them back alphabetical by author, then take the off and do them alphabetical by title, then by size, then by topic, etc. I had about 3000 baseball cards and I used to sort them by different categories too, just for fun. I would sort them all by teams (the obvious choice), then position, then by the number on the back of the cards, etc. Organizing things has always been a fun game to me.
2. when I make a friend, they are a friend for life. It takes me a long time to make new friends and once I do, I keep them forever! I put a lot of effort into keeping in touch with my old friends and treasure them very much.
3. I am an INTJ (we just had to do the myers-briggs at work this week)
4. I love to work. Even though I complain about my job non-stop, I love to work and actually enjoy going to the office everyday. I love being productive.
5. I hate sports. I hate playing them and I especially hate watching them on television. The only time I like to watch is if someone I know is playing, like my friends' children. My summer vacation is going to NY to watch the Yankees - how ironic is that? At least "live" games are tons better than watching on television.
6. I love to travel to places I have never been before, and I really enjoy traveling alone with no itinerary.
7. I am freakishly addicted to my to do lists. I have my official work to do list that I type up every few weeks. I take it with me to every meeting and bring it home almost every night. I also usually have a daily to do list at work that I put on a post note it or note pad and keep right in front of me. At home I have a weekly to do list that I carry with me around the house and put by my bedside at night so it is the last thing I look at before bed and the first thing I review in the morning. I also have my church to do list where I keep track of the children's ministry stuff I have to do. I once read that to do lists are a coping mechanism that people with anxiety issues use. I like to think of it as my medication. Instead of taking anxiety meds, I make to do lists.
7 1/2. I have a cruel sense of humor and have often hurt people's feelings with my sarcasm and lack of sensitivity. When people ask me a question, usually the first thing that comes to my mind is a smart alec remark and it takes more effort to keep that to myself and give a straight answer. I can thank my dad for that. For example, at house church this week Jim was talking about the Trinity and immediately I thought - the Trinity is like Kris and Paul and Anna, they are all dependent upon one another (at that moment Anna and Paul were crawling all over Kris and she was not looking very happy). But I kept that thought to myself because it was a serious conversation and I didn't want to ruin it. I couldn't think of anything serious to say, so I made no comment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Okay, I figured out that if I sign into blogger I can see those word verification letters...
Nice to get to know you better!
if you read mine then you were tagged!! Okay girl I hope I am your friend for life now. My favorite was 71/2!!LOL
QP
late tag!!!! you're awesome.
I would have to agree that i liked 7 1/2 - although i think you were bending the 7's rule ;)
I would have to admit that many-a-time I have had to byte (that is computer-eeze) my lip to prevent a sarcastic remark from coming out during a serious moment.
hey, you gotta take the nerd test on my blog - i'm interested in your score, not that i think you're a nerd :) just curious!!
Post a Comment