June 4, 2007

Happy Summer




from my friend Jack in Denver...he was named after me. My middle name is Jo and my friend Tracey wanted to name her son after me so she picked a "J" name. Oh wait, I think he was named after C.S. Lewis, who also went by Jack. I have read many books by C.S. Lewis, so it's still sort of like he is named after me. Sort of.....maybe his middle name is Joe. Jack Joe Lawrence. That's pretty!


4 comments:

TraceyLaw said...

Kel,

I'm so glad you cleared up Jack's namesake. Of course I would have to name one of my kids after you ... or maybe I named him after your bipolar cat, Lewis?

My friend Kelly Jo Jacksie Lewis Hayes, the comedian from Wichita--the most famous city in the world.

Trace

Kelly said...

I'm happy to clarify that for you. I know you probably named him after me subconsciously, without even realizing you were doing it. And I think it's also important to point out that he clearly was not named after his uncle Kevin!

Anonymous said...

tracey,
jack is soooo cute and happy. you named him after the right person (people), kelly is cool!!!
of course, my dad's name is jack and my name has a "k" sound in it??? just saying.

i'm not sure about procedure here so sorry if commenting to tracey on kelly's blog was wrong, too late now i guess - hee hee.

TraceyDLaw said...

Hey Calana,

Yes, I hope you all can meet Jack sometime. I know you have a heart for adoption as well. So far, he is living up to his namesake. He reads his books all the time.

But like you and Kelly (his other namesakes) he is terribly funny and is always laughing. Kelly thinks he might be high on something.

Okay, so I'm glad I have got it straight now. Jack Brennan Jo "K"alana Lawrence. Wow, he has got pressure now to live up to so many amazing people! By the way, he has the longest fingers you've ever seen. I'm certain he will take after you!

PS This may really be violating blog rules, but I read what you wrote about Joseph. I know God entrusted you with that experience for a reason yet to be realized, though it still must be so hard. I bet Joseph is doing some really cool stuff in heaven right now.

Tracey