July 27, 2008

Lewis and the kittens

This weekend we did the big switcheroo with the cats, so now everyone is in their final forever home. That means my parents finally finished their kitchen remodeling project and now have Kate the momma cat living with them. And Lewis is back home with the two remaining kittens, and no one is living in the garage any more. Kate is doing okay at my parents house. She was coming out of heat (again) the first day, but appears to be done with that now. Mom says she sleeps a lot, but is doing fine and will even jump on the couch to sit and let mom pet her. She's coome a long way since i first trapped her in April! I still need to get her spayed, which will happen hopefully this week, once she is dried up from nursing those kittens.

Lewis and the kittens are doing really well too. I can't tell the kittens apart anymore, so I just call them the twins or the brothers. i need to figure out a way to mark them so I know who is who. Lewis has been super good and hasn't attacked them at all. They have tried attacking him a few times, but not much comes of it. The kittens like to hiss at him when he gets too close, but their little baby hiss is not very frightening. And I don't really think they are afraid of him because they follow him around instead of trying to hide from him. This morning they were all running races chasing each other around the house. I'm hoping lewis will enjoy having some new friends around to play with and make his life a little more interesting. Here's a little video of the three of them playing on Saturday, their first full day together:


4 comments:

Becky said...

Ok, they are very cute. Almost makes me wish I had a kitten. Maybe some day.

Melanie-Pearl said...

huh...huh...huh-chooooooooo!

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful news!! I am very happy everything worked out! Now Lewis has some playmates!! MC

Anonymous said...

I'm very proud of Lewis! He is such a mature kitty.