I am still a registered republican, though sometimes I'm not sure why since it seems there are as many things that I disagree with the party on as there are areas I agree with them. But since there isn't a political party that is perfect, I've kept my registration republican. So I decided to attend the caucus last Saturday just to see what this was all about. I was really glad I did, as it was kind of fun to be a part of the process. I made a little clip for those of you who did not attend (shame on you!). I arrived a little before nine and the line was already wrapped around Century 2 and down to main street. Everything was really well organized though, so the line moved quickly and once I got in, I was fortunate enough to be ushered to seat near the front in the very last section to fill up. I happened to have my camera with me and thought I would have a little fun making some video clips.
I'm not endorsing any of the speakers in the video. Some I agree with, some I don't agree with, and some I just thought were really funny. It starts off with the representative who was there to speak on behalf of Huckabee, then moves through several other speakers, ending with Tiahrt, who was just there to encourage the process but not to endorse any one in particular. In the middle there is a guy who was there to speak on behalf of Alan Keyes (who I didn't even realize was running) and I'm not sure I got enough of him speaking to make his point understandable, so let me summarize it quickly: he stated that Keyes was running for vice president and that we should vote for him because America wants an african american in the white house and Keyes is the man. He states that Obama's popularity is soley based on his skin color, but that he is wrong man for the job, and Keyes is a much better choice (for VP) to represent the race. Or something like that. My comment on that is....no comment.
But I do want to say thanks to all the organizers. Several friends from church were instrumental in this and worked really hard and I thought it was a great event for my first ever caucus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Thought it was funny towards the end when Carlos said "I love you". Nice video work!
cool. i was one of those who could have but didn't attend. wish i had but time was an issue.
i agree with you in not really having a party that truly supports everything i believe in.
if only we could pick and choose what we like from each party and create our own candidate - with an actual chance for success.
glad people like you exist so people like me can cop-out on the couch.
you and tam. nice. i wonder how both you stand me sometimes?
ok, time for a new post. i know you're busy but still...
Post a Comment