Monday at work I found out that two ladies I serve on a statewide committee with had terrible tragedies in their lives. One had a son who was paralysed in a car accident, and the other had a son killed in a senseless hunting accident. So sad!
Tuesday my sister in law had back surgery. This was planned surgery and went really well. She’s home recovering now, and seems to be doing well. This was actually the best news of the week!
Wednesday my closest friend called with news that her father’s cancer had returned and he has to have surgery on the 26th. Having already lost her mother to cancer, this is especially upsetting news.
My niece has been sick this week also. After a couple trips to the doctor, she’s gonna be fine, but it wasn’t a pleasant week for her. She’s enrolled in classes at WSU for second semester, and I’m really hoping it will be a good semester for her. First semester was kind of rough.
I’ve been on a cleaning kick at work and at home and tonight I was going through a pile of old mail that I had been avoiding. As I was reading an old church newsletter, I saw that one of the teenage girls who used to be in a small group I helped with recently lost her mother to cancer. I had only met her mother a few times, but she was the same age I am and had 5 kids that she was homeschooling, young kids. A super nice lady! My heart breaks for that family, and especially the young girl who was in my small group.


2 comments:
Okay, I was hoping for a post on your Danskos, but...
I will be praying for Julie's Dad. Lesa is gone already, huh? I know she will miss you just as much. You are a lot funnier than military wives :)
Sad news is always harder around Christmas. ugh.
Tracey
Kelly I pray that you will find peace in the midst of wrestling with sadness.
The young lady who lost her mom is being ministered to by the homeschooling co-op her family belongs to.
Also we too will miss Bella she is such a precious. I told her that she and I have the same friend, and Bella asked, "one of my friends?" ...
"yep" I said, and she asked "who is it? "It's Kelly" oh she was so surprised oh boy I had her full attention then she asked...
"my kelly?!!!" ... "Yes honey your Kelly!" :) This conversation took place at preschool the last week of school.
Kelly be blessed. Qp
Post a Comment