November 4, 2007

Denver part 2




I had a great trip to Denver this week to visit my friend Tracey. This video is from Rush Hour, which is the children's worship service at Rocky Mountain Christian Church. Tracey's brother Kevin puts these services together each week and they are designed for parents and kids to attend together. There's lots of high energy music, skits, video clips, readings from the Bible, etc. It was quite an impressive event!




While I was in Denver I had a little time to relax (which I spent sleeping and getting caught up on work emails). The main purpose of my trip was to see Tracey's son Jack, who, as is evidenced by the photo here, is adorable! But as a bonus I also got to see some other friends while I was there. Friday night Tracey and I drove down to Parker to visit Ron and Rebecca, our college friends. Here's a photo with their kids:





Then Saturday we went to the Denver Zoo where I met up with the Feehan's who were middle school youth sponsors with me when I lived in Naperville, Illinois. We walked the zoo, went to the 16th Street mall in downtown denver for lunch, and ended the day at the Tattered Cover bookstore where I spent about 45 minutes looking at planners. I'm currently in search of the perfect planner, but have yet to find it. Here's a photo of the Nora, Audra, and Brent at the zoo.




3 comments:

Tracey Lawrence said...

Kelly,

Jack misses you. He said this morning, "Where-a Kelly?" What am I supposed to do??????? Can you come next weekend?

Anonymous said...

That service seemed like lots of fun and worshipful for the kids...and the adults! Sounds like with this trip you came back pretty energized! One day I will be going to Colorado and hopefully I will have photos to show off!!

Sounds like you need to take another trip for Jack's sake...he is wondering what he's suppose to do. :) Qp

Anonymous said...

what a fun trip for you! you're so good at staying connected to friends. that's got to be a gift of some sort.

thanks for sharing the pictures - i can't believe how much people have changed.

glad you're back! still